I was tagged by
The Rules :
1. Post the rules.
2. Post 10 things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you, and create 10 new questions.
4. Choose 10 people to tag and post their icons on your journal.
5. No tag backs.
10 things about me:
1. I work as a lead motionographer at MatadorCreativeStudio
2. I'm left handed
3. I own a Fawn Dumbo Eared Rat named Boggart
4. I am a huge fan of schadenfreude
5. I'm head over heels in love with horror movies
6. I drive a dark green sparkly Grandam and my friends are proud of me for cleaning the trunk out
7. I prefer to Cosplay men and love fake beards
8. I took Horse Back Riding lessons for 5 years as a teenager
9. I'm fairly certain the neighbours think I'm a serial killer
10. I'm slowly converting my room into a Captains Quarters [as I am a pirate at heart]
1. If you're a visual artist, what's your favourite medium to work in? If you're not a visual artist, what mediums do you like?
In traditional media I'm a sucker for paint markers on canvas which is my go-to, but usually do my art via photoshop and AfterEffects.
2. How long have you been in the BJD hobby?
I've been in the hobby since February 2008; Five years.
3. Are you on any other doll or art sites? If so, what's your username on those other sites, if you don't mind sharing?
IcarusLoveMedley on Tumblr, FlightofIcarus on DoA, Labyrinth-Keeper on DA [Art] AutomailAngel on Ygallery
4. What's your favourite part of the BJD hobby?
The creative process of taking my characters from a concept design to a completed physical object I can play with.
5. Do you have any hobbies other than BJDs? If so, do they somehow get incorporated into the doll hobby?
Photography, Motionography, Cosplay, Illustration, Graphic Novel Creation. I have my fingers in a lot of pots. All of my BJD's are characters from my Graphic Novel and Cosplay gave me the skills in sewing to make some half decent clothes for dolls.
6. Are your dolls' faceups commissioned, default from the company or done by yourself?
All of my dolls faces are done by myself, over the years I've finally gotten something I'm proud enough of to show off haha.
7. Do you enjoy reading fiction, non-fiction or both?
I prefer fiction, there's enough reality in reality for me.
8. Do you think your characters resemble you (personality, quirks or appearance)? Which ones and how so?
Everyone's characters are exaggerated pieces of themselves to some extent, none of mine are based directly on me or my appearance though if I do something particularly stupid I do call it a 'Billy'.
9. Do you like where you live?
I love my little house, my pretty yard and the convenience of having stores within walking distance, I have an extreme dislike for the people that live in the area and miss my friends as the location is excessively far away from everyone.
10. Any plans for the coming months? Trips, conventions, parties, celebrations?
Ai-Kon, the local anime convention is coming up in July and I plan on attending.
1. What's one thing you couldn't live without
2. What television show/movie/series would you hesitate to tell people about but secretly love?
3. Do you take inspiration from any doll people in the hobby?
4. Do you have any other hobbies you care to share?
5. Did you take any lessons as a child [horseback riding, piano, gymnastics etc.]
6. Favourite doll and why.
7. Any irrational fears? [I don't like Nicholas Cage's face]
8. Is there anything that gives you supercharged inspiration?
9. Do you have any pets? Do the pets do anything particularly cute/stupid?
10. If you lived in an RPG, what class would you be? Thief, Mage, Warrior etc